Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch to Ocrevus from 10 years Tysabri JCV-

Hi,
    I am new to this board and first just to thank those who share their personal journeys and issues (and resolutions!) so helpful.

I wanted to share my journey since it's nuanced (as everyone's is) and I want to pay it forward, it may help someone else. I was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago and immediately started Ty as my first treatment. I am lucky to have remained JCV negative throughout. My MRI's stayed consistent but in past few years balance, heat symptoms, left side weakness, and endurance (and bathroom urgency, the worst) degraded.

My doctor recommended switching to Ocrevus just to see if it can fix my quality of life. After lots of trepidation (scary to do during a pandemic and is steady MRI's a sign of leaving good enough alone) and lots of research, I decided to make the switch. I had my first infusion yesterday. I am single and prefer to keep my condition mostly secret(personal preference I know there are many ways to handle it, my friends and family believe I am excessively clumsy :/ but I was concerned about driving to my doc (about an hour away) by myself. He thought it would be okay, that even those who don't feel well would be able to drive so I decided to take the chance, in the worst case I'd leave the car and uber home.

The good news is my infusion went really well, no side effects except for a bit of drowsiness during and perhaps a bit of headache now day after but not too debilitating. I took 2 zyrtecs (instead of benadryl so less drowsy) and 2 pepcids and some advil about an hour before my infusion. I'm to go back in 4 weeks for the second part of this so I'm hopeful I'll be okay then too.

Now to wait to see if the drug makes a diff, I am not sure how long it takes but I'll keep you posted as I try and experience and see how I feel compared to before.

Oh about the covid stuff, I had covid initially in March 2020, 2 vaccines, and covid hit again 4 weeks ago. I got tested for my antibodies and its sky high so I'll be interested to see how that drops. I'm also nervous to see any side effects (ie colds and other viruses.)

Would love to hear from others, how long before you felt a difference and what are you dealing with now that your immune system is compromised.

Hello livinamess and welcome to MSW. I was on TY for many years and I had to come off because of JVC+. Went onTecfidera now on Ocervus. March will be 4.5 years. I have done well on Ocervus but unfortunately I did not see any improvements in my symptoms.
    Hopefully you will see some improvements,

I've glad your infusion went well and I hope you are feeling better after covid.

I wish you all the best with Ocervus
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Thank you Reg53, best to you on your journey. I am hoping to see improvements of symptoms but at the least no reductions ;/ How were your MRI results?

Thank gd most recent bout of covid was pretty mild, mostly uri symptoms.

Here's hoping...

Comment

My mri's have remained stable. I believe I am due for one.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
        X