New treatment going to trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New treatment going to trials

So I’m not much good at finding information and links and whatnot but this is what I’m hearing from my cousin out west in Regina.
    University of Regina , his name is Josef Buttigieg. They draw blood and then inject with a coded myelin stuff that the cells in our bodies thinks is myelin so they attack it. Then this stuff kills them all off. Maybe someone can google it and explain it better. I hope they are on to something
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Sorry but if you google University of Regina multiple sclerosis research it will come up.

Comment

It sounds like a non invasive simple procedure

Comment

Are you referring to this from U of Regina?

Now, University of Regina researchers say they’ve seen some early, promising results in what they hope could one day be a cure for MS.
        They’re comparing it to the Trojan Horse – a new drug that preys on destructive cells that cause multiple sclerosis.

“It’s giving the body exactly what these mutant cells are looking for, but attaching a little bomb on it,” associate professor Josef Buttigieg explained. “When those defective cells pick up that protein, they self-destruct and commit suicide. You remove those cells, you keep your immune system whole. It’s a targeted approach.”

This article was updated in 2019
        https://globalnews.ca/news/4463560/u...-ms-treatment/
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes Seasha thank you.
          I just thought that some would find it interesting and I’m not too good with technical things. My cousin is friend's with Josef and she let me know.

Comment

Yes this is very interesting. Thank you oceanpride.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Hey there oceanpride!

Originally posted by oceanpride
              It sounds like a non invasive simple procedure​
              That sounds terrific!

Maybe it will finally be 'The One'!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The date on the information when you search it through Google is 2018. Either it didn't make it or they found out it didn't really work.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeduke View Post
                  The date on the information when you search it through Google is 2018. Either it didn't make it or they found out it didn't really work.
                  The above article https://globalnews.ca/news/4463560/u...-ms-treatment/​I found from 2019 shows that the testing was done on mice.

They state "It will likely still be a few years until they can test on human subjects, but the group is confident they’re on to something potentially life-changing- if funding continues."

Based on this, there is still a hopeful outcome!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

My cousin told me she was talking to them and they are starting human trials now. A sample of
                    Blood is drawn and treatment is given …
                    giving the disease what it is looking for and then destroys it. Let’s all hope that it’s the one !

Comment

Working...
                    X