BTK drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTK drugs

Has anyone been following the BTK drugs?
    These have a completely new method of action. They are supposed to leave the immune system relatively normal.
    I believe there are a few currently in clinical trials. My understanding is that these are pills.

Hey pballer!

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
    Has anyone been following the BTK drugs?
    These have a completely new method of action. They are supposed to leave the immune system relatively normal.
    I believe there are a few currently in clinical trials. My understanding is that these are pills.
    We have been following Masitinib, a non-immunosuppressive, oral pill for progressive forms of MS.

More about Masitinib - MSWorld Forums

For Progressive and Non-Active Secondary Progressive - MSWorld Forums

I wonder if that is a BTK drug that you're referring to?

In any case, this type of drug would be fantastic, if it shows benefits in the final clinical trials!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I think this is what you're talking about:

"Bruton’s tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitors are an emerging type of disease modifying therapy (DMT) for MS. They’re currently being tested in late-stage clinical trials for relapsing, primary and secondary progressive MS. We look at how they work differently from existing DMTs and what they could offer.

BTK inhibitors were first developed as cancer treatments in 2013. They're taken daily as a tablet. And they work by stopping a molecule called BTK from doing its job. Recently, several drugs companies have recognised their potential to treat MS.

Currently, there are BTK inhibitors undergoing phase 2 and phase 3 clinical trials across the world.

In MS, the immune system attacks the protective myelin coating around nerves. All current DMTs aim to stop rogue immune cells from attacking the myelin. This process is called immunomodulation.

BTK inhibitors are also immunomodulatory drugs. But they have distinct properties which allow them to do things most DMTs can’t.

There are currently four BTK inhibitor treatments being investigated in phase 2 and phase 3 trials: tolebrutinib, evobrutinib, orelabrutinib, and fenebrutinib."

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/researc...btk-inhibitors
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks, pballer and Seasha, for the info!

Looks like Masitinib is a different type of drug, not a BTK.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I’ll be entering the BTK inhibitor tolebrutinib trial for secondary progressive ms on June 6th. I was pretty upset my last flare Idid not recover and was moved to secondary progressive, but the good news is I can try this. It is a pill once a day. I will come back and let you all know what it like. Just know It is a true blind. No one but the actual drug supplier knows who is taking the actual drug and not the placebo. I want to think I’ll be able to tell, since it crosses the blood brain barrier- but I don’t know. If I decline in the next 3 months, (Ill check the timing, I think is 3 months) they will reach out to company and they will be sure I’m on the actual drug. Fingers crossed I get the drug.

Comment

Dr. Boster's latest video on BTKi.

https://youtu.be/Y-cDQQxgFAM

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
              Dr. Boster's latest video on BTKi.

https://youtu.be/Y-cDQQxgFAM
              Love this! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Just so everyone knows. FDA has a hold on the study. People have tested high liver enzymes. IDK. I’m reassessing and asking to start Tysabri. I can’t sit idol and let the disease keep my unemployed

Comment

Working...
                X