Nano fibres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nano fibres

I read an article on spinal cord repair in mice I don’t know how to copy and paste so I can’t show it. It’s experimental at this point. I think its main purpose is just for joining severed nerves for injury’s. I just don’t see why it wouldn’t work for MS also. It’s called nano fibre therapy. It sure looks like a quick fix. Maybe if intrested you could search it and see. I would love to hear others take on this ?
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Interesting, oceanpride!

Is this what you read? https://www.theguardian.com/science/...say-scientists

The latest paper, published in Science, described how mice with spinal injuries given a single injection of the synthetic matrix regained the ability to walk within three to four weeks of treatment. The study also found that the treatment caused severed extensions of neurons, known as axons, to regrow; a reduction in scar tissue, which can become a physical barrier to repair; the formation of new blood vessels and better survival of motor neurons.

It's encouraging to know that human trials will begin in two years after FDA approval.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the info, oceanpride and Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha
      "mice with spinal injuries given a single injection of the synthetic matrix regained the ability to walk within three to four weeks of treatment. The study also found that the treatment caused severed extensions of neurons, known as axons, to regrow; a reduction in scar tissue, which can become a physical barrier to repair; the formation of new blood vessels and better survival of motor neurons."
      Regaining the ability to walk in 3 - 4 weeks of treatment sounds like a truly amazing quick fix!

There certainly is a heck-of-a-lot of research going on in this area (central nervous system).

Seems to me that if this proves successful in people with spinal cord injuries, PwMS would benefit also.

After all, MS does injure our spinal cords.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes Seasha and KoKo
        it is not the exact article I read but similar.
        It’s exciting and if proves successful in humans it could be a game changer for some. And hopefully us as well.
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Working...
        X