Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any activity to regenerate myelin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any activity to regenerate myelin ?

I have seen some discussion ,but very little, about regenerating the myelin sheath on the nerves of MSers ! What is going on with this ? Are there any clinical trials for a therapeutic taking place ?

There is a study that shows metformin regenerates myelin in mice. Not sure how thats gonna translate into humans. Also I think I may have read something about fasting acting the same way.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi Jerry- Here's more information about Metformin from the MSSociety in England. https://www.mssociety.org.uk/researc...repair-in-rats

I'm not holding my breath for a solution in the near future, but hoping for something in my lifetime. If not then, for others along the way.
      But with the newer, stronger more efficient drugs for RRMS, maybe fewer people will need regenerate myelin repair!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello JerryD ~

I found this info - Remyelination News and Research

Remyelination News, Research (news-medical.net)

It seems that there is quite a bit of research activity for myelin repair, but I haven't found much in the human Clinical Trial stages yet.

It appears that most are in the mouse model stage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hot off the press! Phase 1 Clinical Trial

Pipeline Testing PIPE-307 Remyelinating Compound in Healthy Volunteers

Pipeline Therapeutics Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial of PIPE-307 | Business Wire

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks Koko.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone,
              About 1 year ago, I started this thread to discuss and investigate the state of myelin regeneration for us, MSers ! This week I saw a news story that says the drug Pipe307 has completed phase 1 clinical trials, successfully ! I guess, if all goes well, we may see this drug on the market, in 20 years or so ! From my lips to God's ears !

Comment

Too late for me.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                  Too late for me.
                  I know that feeling.
                  But I would still try it.
                  It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Remyelination is happening! The Clene Nano trial needs more volunteers with RRMS/PPMS to participate. The trial is at The Univ. of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. Info on study and contact details are here: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03993171

Comment

Working...
                    X