Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NMSS Research progress in 2015

Thought you all might want to read up on this -

Significant MS research advancements were made in 2015. There are new leads that will stop MS in its tracks, restore function and bring us closer to a world free of MS than ever before. Discoveries made in wellness will also help people with MS live their best lives.

Progress in 2015 Toward Stopping MS, Restoring What’s Been Lost, and Ending MS Forever

An outline here: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...-Restoring-Wha
    Last edited by Seasha; 01-04-2016, 11:10 PM.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    "Significant MS research advancements were made in 2015. There are new leads that will stop MS in its tracks, restore function and bring us closer to a world free of MS than ever before. Discoveries made in wellness will also help people with MS live their best lives."
    Seasha, this is not a quote from the NMSS article. Where did this quote come from?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion- the quote came from personal email I regularly get from the NMSS. It was a lead in to the link provided.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great catch, jreagan ! All information emanating from the NMSS and other supporting advocate groups should always be complete and accurate ! There is No Room for incomplete and inaccurate ! Like when I heard about the clinical trials for ocrelizumab ( OPERA I and II ) and other cute names ! These trials were NOT conducted in the U.S. and the phase III trials aren't, either ! But this information was not included in the article that I read in the NMSS publication from earlier this year ! What is this deception ? I'm disgusted ! And sick of being sick !

Comment

Hey JerryD!

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          Great catch, jreagan ! All information emanating from the NMSS and other supporting advocate groups should always be complete and accurate ! There is No Room for incomplete and inaccurate ! Like when I heard about the clinical trials for ocrelizumab ( OPERA I and II ) and other cute names ! These trials were NOT conducted in the U.S. and the phase III trials aren't, either ! But this information was not included in the article that I read in the NMSS publication from earlier this year ! What is this deception ? I'm disgusted ! And sick of being sick !
          When I was diagnosed in 2011 my Neurologist wanted me to go on the Ocrelizumab phase 1 trial so I am assuming they recruited from the U.S. I decided to go on Rebif, then Copaxone, now Tecfidera and Ampyra. I'm not sure if it was a good decision or not.

M.S. R&D did get a lot of funding from the NHI and there are a few meds in the pipeline but 2016-2017 will be big years for fast-tracking a few meds. Hoping anti-lingo one shows good results. I too am sick of being sick.

Are you still in KOP?
          I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

A lot of funding and a lot of 'promising' results. But nothing that changes anything.
            Echo
            DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
              A lot of funding and a lot of 'promising' results. But nothing that changes anything.
              There is definitely more funding going toward expensive, patentable treatments than finding a cause. That's why we as patients and caregivers will have to be a part of the effort to find a cure that changes everything in MS.

There is a project that people can Google, "Help us find out if we can treat multiple sclerosis with antiviral drugs" which may be worthy of your consideration to support.

These UK researchers firmly believe a virus (possibly a mutant EBV virus) is driving MS and a cure may come from treating it. This kind of research is extremely important, IMO. Please Google the title above and see what you think about it.!

Godspeed to the men and women involved with this project. Thank you for taking the time to see what it is about.

Comment

Working...
              X