Anyone traveled Abroad for Lemtrada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone traveled Abroad for Lemtrada

I went to Dresden, Germany for Lemtrada but many people have contacted me about sites that might be infusing closer to home.

The drug is approved in both Mexico & Canada. It will be available in the UK May 19.

If you know of a site in these countries willing to provide Lemtrada I would like to share that with others looking for their path. Please email me (email is available by clicking on my name)

In London I have one contact name but no email :
    The Barts and London School of Medicine- the London Bridge Hospital treats international patients. The doctor is Ben Turner who heads research at the Blizard Institute, the school's neuroscience division.

Dr. Gavin Giovannoni heads the institute. He writes a helpful blog: Multiple Sclerosis Research. They post very interesting stuff several times a day- going back and reading the archives I have learned a lot.

I'm a huge fan of Giovanonni.

I was watching a video of him that was recorded over the weekend at a conference. He said in the Q&A that he thought Lemtrada is likely to be approved in the US soon. Go to today's Barts blog for the video. It's near the end that someone asks, "Why wasn't Lemtrada approved by the FDA?"

He basically said that it might be yet and that a new FDA committee has formed to reevaluate the drug in the US. In an earlier post, he predicted we'd have FDA approval by the end of the year.

In the same talk, he hints at the results of A. Coles research into the long-term outcomes of Lemtrada on patients who were treated 10+ years ago. That also sounds very encouraging.

That said, one reason I'm a fan of his is that he talks so freely about what's on his mind. Meaning, he's not always right. Readers have to keep that in mind. He's not god, and that upsets some MSers when he gets something wrong or contradicts himself. He's just a well educated opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X