Scared of Gilenya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared of Gilenya

My dr says I ned to tak this but I red of all the peps who ben havin a bad tim with it and I say I dont got MS if I cant walk my lil dog we both wil be sad and if I get mor sik I wil be sad My daughtr say I got to lisen to my dr but I say I dont got MS She is my care takr cos I got mentul problems but if I say I dont got MS cos I dont got no symtoms why wont noone lisen to me and what can I do?????????? Does anyone here hav an ansr?? Plz

Wel the biggest question here is were you dx'd with Ms? If yes you DO NOT need to take this med if you do not want to. You dont have to take anything you do not want to. But, if you have been Dx'x with Ms going on a med to have a better quailty of life. hope you aare not in denial though.
    Good luck

Comment

I completely agree with Kbloom. You have to do what's right for you.

If you've been diagnosed, you have to start working towards some kind of acceptance of that fact, even if you don't have symptoms. Part of that could be going for a 2nd opinion, 3rd opinion, whatever you need to do.

I can understand the not having symptoms part. I've only ever had 3 attacks (one of which was only a pseudo-flare lasting for about 8 hours). But I've also not questioned my diagnosis in part because my neuro-opth, the MRI reporting person and my neuro are all solidly in the camp that I clearly have MS based on my MRI, history, etc.

Choosing whether or not to medicate is an extremely personal choice. Whatever you decide will be the right thing for you. So too is choosing a medication.

For me, taking my gilenya is a comforting thing. It makes me feel like I'm doing everything I can to delay the next attack and keep me feeling like me. If that wasn't how I felt, I'd either be on a different medicine or perhaps on no medicine at all. I can't really imagine the latter though because I feel like I have to try, if I'm not going to kick myself in the pants later if things went bad.

Comment

Thank you

Becos I hav mental problems it is hard for me to kno what is rit somtims and I get mad at my daughtr when she jus tels me to do stuf. My doc didnt explan whi he says I hav MS he jus said I hav it and that was all..I dont got no symtoms.
        I wil lisen to you cos you got it and I wil at lest tri the med
        Thank you both for ansring

Comment

Your doctor wants you to take Gilenya? Has he suggested any other medications such as Betaseron, Rebif, Avonex or Copaxone?

As far as not having symptoms is concerned, it's possible to have MS and not be symptomatic if you're in a remission. The visual symptoms you had were, presumably, from MS.

If the testing that was done on you confirmed that you have MS, you have MS and most doctors want their patients to begin treatment right away.

Would your daughter like to become a member here? Family & caregivers are very welcome to join. She probably could use the support we offer, and her presence here might help clarify your situation for the rest of us so we can help you better.

Comment

Working...
          X