Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest Tightness

Hi there,

I am on day 10 of Gilenya and past 3 days have the feeling of a really tight chest with a mild headache & also feeling nautious. Now I am not sure If I have a slight touch of flu etc as my throat is a little soar too.

I am taking the pill first thing in the day and these 'effects' start around lunch time right through the day. I am thinking I should maybe take it before bed time but it that ok if the pulse drops in your sleep?

Any advise is much appreciated.
    Thanks!

I take my pill at night, before bed. I have not had any side effects, I just take it at night so I know I take it the same time everyday.

How are you feeling now??

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

The story with the pulse drop is that if it's ever going to happen it'll happen in the first 6 hours, which is why they keep you for observation.

You'll be just fine if you want to switch to taking your pill before bedtime.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Comment

heart rate drop

I had same side effects on day 3.
        called my neuro and he suggested taking it
        at bedtime to sleep through most of the syptoms
        I am happy
        to report it worked
        I just woke up a little more tired than usual. Hope
        this helps
        Robyn

Comment

Thanks all for your responses.

My chest did very tight and my pulse did drop for a few days.
          I called my Neurologist who suggested having another EKG which I did and it came back normal - which I knew it would as at that particular time I was feeling ok. These 2 feelings came and went through out the day the day for about 3 or 4 days.

Thankfully it has passed. I did start to take it at bed time but have gone back to morning time.

No more of these effects.

Hope everyone is getting on great with Gilenya!
          I am loving it! No more needles!

Good luck!

Comment

sars - I had similar feelings during the first 1-2 weeks on - everything has seemed to right itself. I'm still on morning dose though.

Comment

The chest tightness/pressure seems to be very common. Read the Gilenya page on Facebook for other people's side effects and improvements. There are over 300 members on there now and their experiences are very helpful, especially when you're first getting started and throughout the first few months as you adjust.

Comment

Working...
              X