Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Gilenya improved ant of your disability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Gilenya improved ant of your disability?

I'm secondary progressive and considering switching from Betaseron to either Tysabri or Gilenya. It seems like a lot of people have had really good results with Tysabri and even had some improvement in function, but PMI worries me. Has anyone had improved function with Gilenya or a noticeable slow in the progression of disability (not just on MRIs, but functionally too)?

I have been looking at this thread waiting for a reply for a while now. I myself just started G a month ago. I was wondering the same thing. After a year on copaxone I was excited not to take the shot. I still am in limbo with this as I have really felt like I am regressing in a sense.

I would have done ty but was jc+ and pml is certainly a concern.

Good luck! I hope you find something out!

Billy
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

I cannot offer any input, I do not take my first dose until the 14th.

I would be curious to read comments on if things get better, stay the same or what have you.

Comment

I first took Copaxone for a year (give or take) then switched to Gilenya 6 months ago. I never felt significantly better on Copaxone. I wondered every day if I would just continue to get worse forever even as I took a shot EVERY DAY. I switched over to G at my neuro's recommendation and can honestly say I feel better now than I have in years (I was Dx 2 yrs ago and had Sx for about 3 before then).

So much of the leg pain, sleepless nights, severe itchy/burny/tingly/wet feelings have faded or disappeared. The weakness in my hands is pretty much gone unless I am bone tired or hot and my fatigue has been reduced to a dull roar. Really it's probably just being tired from being over busy at this point and not even real fatigue like I had before. I can actually kind of tell the difference now!

I know that you said you are looking for an improvement in disability so my symptoms may seem minimal but I just wanted to share that I did find a definite marked improvement in my existing symptoms and no new ones (Knock on wood!!!). Also, I feel much less like a patient now that I don't have a sharps box and 5 dozen syringes in my frig.

Comment

Working...
        X