WANT FEED BACK PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANT FEED BACK PLEASE

BEEN ON REBIF AND IV SOLUMIDROL SINCE 2003 NEURO IS ARRANGING FOR ME TO BE IN THE GILENYA TRIALS IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW OR I SHOULD SAY BE WORRIED ABOUT ?

What is the trial about? I'm just curious because Gilenya is already in use/approved/for sale. Im interested to know what they are testing.

In any med study I would want to know if there is a chance I could get a placebo. Since G is already approved for use the safety and use information is already available so I would suggest becoming familiar with it.

Comment

reply for newbie

I would assume the trial is because the ms clinic I go to has not used gilenya before now. My neuro said it is a one year trial but I will ask her. Thank you for your response

Comment

reply for newbie

Looked up trials in my area for gilenya and there is one going on in my town. It is a comparitive study of gilenya and copaxone.

Not sure which one I will end up on but my neuro is pushing the gilenya as she knows me to well. I don't like shots and almost 10 years of infusions I am ready for a pill.

Wish me luck and pray I get the pill. Again thank you for your response to my earlier thread.

God bless take care

Comment

Interesting! Well good luck and hopefully you get a break from infusions/shots.

Comment

I read the other day there is a trial with G using a lower dosage for effectiveness.

My neuro is not a part of the trial otherwise I would likely volunteer.

Of course I am still waiting to take my first dose. I have 7 more weeks before I take it.

Comment

Gilenya vs. Copaxone trial

ccsitter, my Neuro also recommended the same trial for me. I was on Avonex for 2 1/2 years and was sick of the side effects and taking shots. I too really hope I get Gilenya instead of Copaxone. I asked him if there was any way he could some how get me on Gilenya instead of Copaxone and he said no. You are randomly assigned and have a 50/50 chance of being put on either drug.
              Hopefully you and I both get the pill

Comment

Convert here

Rebif convert here, and would NEVER go back. Zero side effects for me, and feel so much better. Started running last year, and ran a half marathon in May and #2 scheduled in 2 wks.

Gilenya erased the needle anxiety and pain. I truly hope you get the pill. I'm happy for my decision, but I recommend you do your homework so you go in eyes wide open to potential risks.
                Dx May 2002 RRMS
                Rebif Sept 2002 to June 2011
                Gilenya June 2011 - present
                EDSS 0.0

Comment

Thank you everyone

I want to thank everyone for the input I really appreciate it more than you know.

The trial is g verses copax. and there is a 1 in 3 chance I would be put on the copaxone.

Keeping my fingers crossed praying a lot and hoping for the best, rebif not working anymore progressing.

Thank you God Bless love and hugs to all.

Comment

Working...
                  X