Gilenya & Allergy Shots??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya & Allergy Shots??

I'm starting the pre-tests for Gilenya and my white blood cell count came back high. I'm not surprised because I'm also going in for an allergy shot today, and the allergens have been horrible so I should have gone last week. However, that made me think about the Gilenya and would I be able to continue on the allergy shots once I start taking that. They are live allergens, but that's different then live virus strains.

Is anyone taking Gilenya and still receiving allergy shots? Honestly, if I had to choose the allergy shots would go and I'd take zyrtec & singular with the Gilenya - but I would love to be able to still get the allergy shots if possible. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by vmganzevoort View Post
    I'm starting the pre-tests for Gilenya and my white blood cell count came back high. I'm not surprised because I'm also going in for an allergy shot today, and the allergens have been horrible so I should have gone last week. However, that made me think about the Gilenya and would I be able to continue on the allergy shots once I start taking that. They are live allergens, but that's different then live virus strains.

Is anyone taking Gilenya and still receiving allergy shots? Honestly, if I had to choose the allergy shots would go and I'd take zyrtec & singular with the Gilenya - but I would love to be able to still get the allergy shots if possible. Thanks!!!
    I would ask your neuro about the allergy shots and gilenya, not recommended to have live vaccines because may then get that disease. So check with your neuro.

Comment

Working...
    X