Blood Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Results

I have been on Gilenya now for only 6 weeks. My neuro has requested bloods at 4,8 and 12 weeks which I forgot so only just had first lot done. My lymphocytes have come back at a low 0.4. I work in the hospital where I got the bloods drawn so was privy to the results that afternoon. I didnt think anything about it until I saw another lady who started Gilenya the same day as me and we discussed results, her's is way higher than mine and she indicated that our Neuro (same) had told her anything under 1 was an issue. Apart from that and a lower than normal heart rate (which is good as I had a particularly high rate before this) I am enjoying the no injections.

Another thing is that I have had a mouth ulcer for over a week, now usually I put some salt on it and it starts to get better almost immediately but this one just kept getting bigger and sorer, I ended up filling a script I had for anit-biotics but still took 3 days to see an improvement, guessing this is linked to the low level too.

So couple of questions, is this a low reading for a first check or is it normal and does it get worse or plateau off. Also my lymphos where 1.2 before I even went on meds so although not considered too low is on the lower end of the spectrum before I even started. I have left a message with the result for my neuro's office just in case.

I so don't want to switch back.

Jo

I switched to every other day and my count came back up. Been on alternate day dose since Jan.

Comment

Working...
    X