gilenya and low RED blood count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gilenya and low RED blood count

Just got the latest blood panel- improved lymphocytes, stable WBC but... low RBC and low hematocrit. Neuro appt. is late May. So, does this matter? Is it caused by gilenya? Anyone else have this along with gilenya usage? I´m on an every other day dosage.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I am also interested in what others who are on Gilenya have to say.

Comment

Low red blood count

Yes! I'm anemic! Newly anemic! I came on here to see if by chance anyone else was. They say its not related but, I'm not sure? How long have you been on Gilenya? I'm a little over a year and it just started a few months ago. My neurologist sent me to a hematologist because I'm at a specialty clinic so everyone is right there. She did some further testing and said I was iron deficient anemic so I had an infusion of iron. They also said that anemia is a symptom of something else...either bleeding somewhere or not producing enough red blood cells through bone marrow. The easiest explanation is gastrointestinal, so I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy with a GI doc here. She took some biopsies to look for celiac disease because that can also cause anemia. Everything came back ok. So now she is doing more blood work and CT enterography. I'm absolutely exhausted...more than my normal MS fatigue, which stinks! Let me know what you find out!

Comment

Well, I´ve been gluten free for 22 months, so I am doubting it´s a GI tract issue. I am due for a colonoscopy due to my age. My neuro said no connection to gilenya. I got tested for lead (old house, paint repairs) and did not have xs levels. So, my PCP said not to worry and that it would get checked down the line. I can´t think of a reason why it is low- I always use an iron frying pan and eat dark greens and raisins on a regular basis. So, let me know what you find out.

Comment

Working...
        X