Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilenya, Aubagio, BG-12 other pills for ms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya, Aubagio, BG-12 other pills for ms?

I was just reading that a new pill for the treatment of MS named, Aubagio has been FDA approved.
    http://msviews.org/msviewsandnews4/i...o-oral-therapy

Of course there is Gilenya, too. I hear of BG-12, does anyone know what the time line is for its release?

Are there other oral forms of MS treatment drugs? I am PP/RRMS and I would prefer to be on an oral treatment. I cannot take Gilenya b/c I am on another drug, Azathioprine, that causes potentially unsafe interaction. It is the same reason I cannot take tysabri or any of the other drugs with the exception of Copaxone. So, essentially, I need a pill version of Copaxone

Just trying to find out what is out there, so when I see my neuro in 2 weeks I can be prepared. Are there other pills than the ones in my thread title?

thanks!

Spring?

At my neuro appt. last Tuesday, my neuro and I discussed BG 12. She has had me off all DMD since last February.

I was going to switch to Gilenya but had to bet a few chicken pox vaccinations and then in the meantime, there was trouble with Gilenya.

Anyhow, my neuro and I have decided to wait for BG 12.

It is supposed to be approved by the FDA around Christmas. She said December 28 there was to be an announcement.

But it will not be immediately available for prescription. She thinks by the time all the steps are done for doctors to begin prescribing it should be around March.

I am going to do periodic IVSM to get me to the spring.

Good luck

Comment

What's PP/RRMS ?

None of the treatments are approved for PP and may not actually do anything useful.

Comment

Working...
      X