Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopped Avonex, wanted Tysabri, JCV+ so maybe Gilenya, advice anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To rickalex2

I was going to use the pen, that's kind of what started my switch of meds...I called my ms doc about it, and in the process of discussing it we talked about each of the issues I was having, especially new symptoms while using Avonex, so he suggested we switch to another med. Plus with the pen you have to hold it there for 10 seconds after you inject...that doesn't sound like a long time, at the same time, it sounds like an eternity to me due to my hatred to needles!
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Comment

Sounds like a good outcome. I went through a terrible period before the pen, where I suffered terribly to take my shot each week. If my wife and I were fighting, it made it even worse as she gave me the shot.

I think it's good you didn't choose Tysabri - no sense bringing out the heavy guns when there are so many other safer options.

Comment

Working...
      X