Antibiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antibiotics

Has anyone taken anti-biotics while on Gilenya?

My doc says it is fine and I couldn't find anything in the G paperwork that shows it is a problem. Just wondering if anyone here has done this yet?

My ENT doc had to put me on Augmentin for a bad sinus infection that strangely enough I have no symptoms from but they saw it on my last MRI. It is in my Sephoid sinus that is under the eye. Go figure?

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

I did for 5 days. I had the worst stomach infection I had in my life. I did ok, nothing bad happened.

Comment

I took Zithromax for 5 days last March for a sinus infection after having been on Gilenya for 4 months. I had no problems with the antibiotic and it cleared the sinus infection up quickly. Hope all goes the same for you.

Comment

my neurologist has told me many times that ANY infection what so ever I need to stop the Gilenya and go back on when it clears and if it is over 2 weeks have to do the start up again. this make sense since the Gilenya has my wbc low and my ability to fight the infection is greatly reduced.

Comment

I now get URIs like nobody's business. I discussed with my neuro and we're both okay with it. I just tend to take my antibiotics for a longer period of time. I've been on cipro, doxycylene, azithromiacin and probably some others that I'm forgetting since starting G and haven't had any problems with any of them.

Comment

I just took antibiotics recently for an ear infection (complication from the flu) and I did fine. I asked the neuro if I should discontinue G when I get an infection and said "no". Hope you feel better soon.
            First episode with third pregnancy
            On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
            Proud mommy of three children

Comment

I also get a lot of bladder/urinary infections and in turn causes a flare up. I started taking "cranberry pills" They are in the vitamin isle and I haven't had one since!! Try that!

Comment

I took 10 days of augmentin for 10 days for a sinus infection.
                The only problem I had from it and I have taken it before. Was a yeast infection, Just eat some yogurt and acidofulis pills Don't you love my spelling.
                But be sure and get some of that over the counter vaginal cream... or just ask your dr for some diflucan pills
                This seems to be the best antibiotic for sinus. I did keep taking my G too and did fine

Comment

I was on Gilenya, steroids and 2 high dose antibiotics for a gallbladder infection almost 2 months ago and the only issue I ran into was a slightly upset stomach from the antibiotics....hope you start to feel better soon!
                  "Once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." - Bill Cosby

Comment

Well day 15 of Augmentin and so far so good (no yeast infection...yet.) I have 15 more days to go...yup a 30 day course.

I am eating about 3 cups of yougurt throughout the day and taking thos aciadolflus (sp?) pills. I am so glad it is working so far for me!

OK off to the fridge for my morning yougurt fix LOL!

CrazyCatLady
                    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X