Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya and severe dizziness

Hey all,

I've read a few replies that touched on this so i thought i'd ask you all directly...

I made it to day 13 before I got crazy bad dizziness. Not just a little dizzy but crazy, can't stand up unassisted dizzy. It had been coming on for a couple of days before hand but I wanted so badly for Gilenya to work that I ignored it as long as I could.

I contacted my dr and she asked me to stop the Gilenya for 5 days and that we would re-evaluate then (in 2 more days). The dizziness is subsiding but it is still there. I don't doubt that I'm flaring (tysabri rebound) in the middle of all this, too.

Have any of you experienced this really bad dizziness? and maybe you, too, had the pill stopped for a few days? were you able to successfully start the pill again?

and just to note, my heart rate was fine all through the treatment and i was taking the pill at night. another scary side effect that seemed to pop up right at the end of my 13 days was that i was waking up startled several times a night, like how it feels when your breathing stops.

i'm just so so disappointed about this. i've built up allergies to copaxone and can't tolerate the interferons. tysabri made me sick sick sick. i had so much hope for gilenya.

well, my dr took me off of gilenya for 5 days and the dizziness subsided. i'm starting gilenya again today. hopefully it will be ok and i will tolerate it a little better.

she was one of the trial doctors so i trust her judgement either way.

Comment

Thank you for updating us ... I've had no dizziness in my 16 days. Fingers crossed, that's one of my most hated effects from the disease itself. If I were to stop Gilenya because it caused dizziness I probably wouldn't restart. Good luck to you!

P.S. I have awakened suddenly at night a couple of times, very alert with my heart pounding hard (not necessarily fast). I wonder if that's like what's happened to you. I take the pill late mornings.

Comment

I did have really bad dizziness in the beginning. It did pass.
        Dx 4/02
        Brain & spinal lesions
        Current DMD: Betaseron (again)

Comment

Working...
        X