Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain

After using Tysabri for 2 and 1/2 yrs I tested positive for the virus that causes PML. I was taken off the
    Tysabri and started Gilenya. It has been 3 months now. I have not had any complaints, complications or side effects from the Gilenya. I was actually thrilled not to be a pin cushion anymore. I work full time and maybe miss a day of work once in every two years, seriously. Today is one of those days. This morning I woke up in excruciating pain in my arms, hands, shoulders, back and had extreme weakness in my legs to the point where it was difficult to walk. I have a call in to my doc but no call back yet.
    Questions: Do you think this is a delayed side effect from the Gilenya? Could it be the Gilenya isn't working and the MS is progressing? Has anyone taking Gilenya ever experienced what I've described?

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
    After using Tysabri for 2 and 1/2 yrs I tested positive for the virus that causes PML. I was taken off the
    Tysabri and started Gilenya. It has been 3 months now. I have not had any complaints, complications or side effects from the Gilenya. I was actually thrilled not to be a pin cushion anymore. I work full time and maybe miss a day of work once in every two years, seriously. Today is one of those days. This morning I woke up in excruciating pain in my arms, hands, shoulders, back and had extreme weakness in my legs to the point where it was difficult to walk. I have a call in to my doc but no call back yet.
    Questions: Do you think this is a delayed side effect from the Gilenya? Could it be the Gilenya isn't working and the MS is progressing? Has anyone taking Gilenya ever experienced what I've described?
    I had severe head pain and had to quit Gilenya.

How are you feeling? It has been several days since you posted your question. Did your doctor ever respond?

Comment

I think it's a Gylenia side effect, I feel the same and I work full time. But from what I read, it takes time getting used to it.

Good luck.

Comment

I've been on it since July 5 with no side effects at all. I know a common one and one that causes people to have to stop are severe headaches.

I really have not read or been told by either of my docs that it would take time to get used to G - maybe a week or so. I would call the Gilenya nurse in addition to your neuro.

Definitely possible you are having a reaction - everyone's system is so different.

I hope you feel better and get an answer. It's a great medicine and definitely better than being a pin cushion.
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Working...
        X