Is bruising common on Gilenya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is bruising common on Gilenya?

I've been on Gilenya for about 3 months now. About a month ago I started noticing that I bruise very easily. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Originally posted by Downtown girl View Post
    I've been on Gilenya for about 3 months now. About a month ago I started noticing that I bruise very easily. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Yes I myself have noticed mysterious bruises on my body, I have been on Gilenya since August 2011. I just chalked it up to me being a klutz, but maybe its the Gilenya?
    I have MS but MS doesnt have me!!!!

Comment

Interesting - I have always bruised easily, as did my mom, but they went away quickly but since I've been on G (4 months), they are taking longer to go away. I'll have to add that to the list for the doc. I hadn't thought of asking until I saw the post. Thanks
      This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

I have been on G for @ 6 months and no bruising

Comment

Yep, I have been bruising more easily as well. I'm in my third Gilenya package.
          First episode with third pregnancy
          On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
          Proud mommy of three children

Comment

I too have noticed more bruises. I figured I had banged into things, very probable, but I did have one last week in a very odd place. I have been on gilenya since may - so maybe.
            Kathy

Comment

I bruise easily anyway, but I've noticed the same thing since starting G. Weird places and lasting a lot longer. I can't find where that might be a symptom but probably is.
              This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

WOW... glad somebody mentioned that>>> I have been on Gilenya for quite sometime cause I was in the trial study for it and yes I do have more that usual bruises.... maybe I should bring this up to my dr. at the next visit.

Thanks for the Post

Comment

On Gilenya for 11 months and started bruising in my 5th month. Doc ran blood tests and prescribed 1000 mg vitamin B12. Seems to help...some...not as many or as big.

Comment

Thanks for bringing up the bruising. I did not attribute it to the Gilenya (started 12/15/10), and asked my internist about how long it was taking for my bruises to heal (I always bruised easily). She never gave me an answer, now I know to mention this to my neurologist. Thanks fellow MS'ers.

Comment

Working...
                    X