No announcement yet.

Gilenya Side Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read posts from time to time, but I'm really not one for posting. I appreciate all information that is accessible here. I was diagnosed on June 12, 2007. Since my diagnosis, I've been on Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, Tysabri, and recently started Gilenya on October 18, 2012.

I experienced bradycardia with initiation of Gilenya. It subsided towards my 4th week of treatment. I have experienced increased spasticity- the first week being horrid. I waited it out, and it has improved. My fatigue has worsened quite a bit, but I can deal with it if the medication is actually working. I have some other minor side effects
    that I can live with.

My bloodwork is what concerns me. I had my blood drawn 3 weeks ago. My WBC has dropped to 2.6 and my lymphocytes are at 8.8%. I finally received an email yesterday from the NP at my MS Center, expressing concern and directed me to have my blood drawn again on Monday. I won't get into how upset I am with the Center right now for their lack of follow through. I knew the levels 2 weeks ago. It took that long, and my email reminders to get someone to look at my results.

I guess I'm just looking for other's experiences with their blood work initially. I've read some things here and there, but it seems to be from people that have been on Gilenya longer than this. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    THANKS

Comment

Been on G since late June of ´12. Am now taking an alternating day dosage due to low WBC count- went as low as 2.6, now at 3.2. Lymphocytes bounced around - as low as 196, now at 298. Happy to stick to the alternating dosage. New blood test in two months.

Comment

Working...
      X