Gilenya and eye issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya and eye issues

Can anyone tell me how quickly eye issues can start after beginning Gilenya?
    I think I read about someone getting Macular Edema in the first month or so.
    I have only been on gilenya for 3 days, but my eyes are really sore, burning, like when you are really tired.
    DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Macular edema

You can get macular edema the first five-six months. This doesn't sound like any of the symptoms, but you should make an appointment with the opthamologist who checked you initially. Maybe it's nothing to do with Gilenya. Good luck and let us know.

Comment

daisy.girl,

I agree with llevey. I noticed I have a harder time now when I get chlorine (from a pool) in my eyes, my eyes burn much more more now, never connected it to possibly the Gilenya. I saw the ophthalmologist a few weeks ago, though, and everything still looked good.

Best to be proactive and get this checked out, better safe than sorry.

Best wishes,
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
      X