Gilenya makes my tummy hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya makes my tummy hurt

I have been on it for 3 days now and for the past 2 days i have a pain in my upper abdomen
    I do not have any nausea it says under the serious side effects that i need to contact a dr my dr. is closed.... i guess i will wait until Monday .....has anyone else had this??
    the pain is not really severe just bothersome....I do take it after breakfast as i never take any med on an empty stomach I hope it goes away!!!

I've never had this issue before. I would definitely call your neuro and let him or her know. Let us know what they decide.

Comment

Will do... i hope they dont take me off of it

Comment

It might be your liver, not your stomach. In the prescribing info, it says to call your dr. right away if you experience stomach pain. It's not an ER visit, but you definitely need to tell your dr. http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/pr...ilenya_pmg.pdf

Your dr. may not pull you off Gilenya, but monitor you more closely (i.e. more liver panels). You should also be more aware of other possible liver dysfunction symptoms (i.e. more tiredness, yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin, nausea, vomiting, easier bruising).

Let us know what your neuro says and what happens! Best wishes,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

If it is your liver, I have some experience with that. I had elevated liver enzymes for the first several weeks, but they eventually decreased back to normal on their own. About half the time, liver enzyme levels will decrease back to normal on their own and the other half of the time you do need to be pulled off the drug so that they can correct themselves.

Keep us posted.

Comment

My DR. said my levels were fine and he is just going to watch and see and for me to continue on it!!!!! he is also glad that I havent developed any headaches yet

Comment

Spazcat,

Great news! Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on how things are going ... esp. if the pain gets worse or better.

Best wishes,
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Found out it could also be your gall bladder, esp. if it hurts after you eat. Do a google search on gall bladder symptoms and let your dr. know if you experience any of them.

Best wishes and hope this condition subsides & stabilizes quickly for you.
                Kimba

Comment

Working...
                X