Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya and cancer

Hi all,

I have a question for those who are more familiar than me with Gilenya. I'm thinking of it as an option. Haven't talked with my neuro yet.

But, do you have an idea if it's an option for someone who has had cancer before? I have and although it was only a small carsinoma, and I've been cleared with that many years ago, I'm not sure if an immunosuppressant drug is a good idea. But then again, aren't the CRABs a bit immunosuppressant, too?

Gilenya & skin cancer

I have a family history of melanoma (mom & dad) and have had many dysplastic moles removed. I'm starting Gilenya tomorrow. My neurologist had the dermatologist do a skin check just to make sure I was all clear before I start Gilenya. The dermatologist suggest that after I start Gilenya I do a skin check every 3 months (instead of yearly, as I was doing.)

Hope this info helps.

Comment

Gilenya and Cancer

I finished treatment for breast cancer in August 2010. I recently asked my neurologist if I was a candidate for Gilenya. After all, like so many of us, I dislike giving myself injections. He said that given my history of cancer I was most definitely NOT a candidate for Gilenya and he shut down the discussion. I was disappointed but not particularly surprised. Looks like I will be continuing with the Rebif.

Comment

Working...
      X