Last day for Gilenya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day for Gilenya

Today is my last day on Gilenya until my health issues are resolved. I'm making this decision myself as my neuro has been on the fence so to speak as to whether I should discontinue it.

I've been having non-stop head pain since April. The pain is not like a headache at all. Brain MRI shows some abnormalities which were not there last year. I've already been in the hospital to have extensive testing. Other than the two abnormal MRI's, everything tested was negative. No cause was discovered.

I'm back in the hospital next week for more tests.

I've been on Gilenya since Jan. 6. I had sporadic head pain starting last Oct. before I started Gilenya, so I don't think my problem is from the medication. It became worse in April when it would not go away at all. Now, I'm starting to get irritable because it really hurts all the time.

I hope I get answers and can go back on Gilenya. MS wise I was doing much better.

Headache

2 years ago I started rebif and it made me so sick i was in the hospital of 9 days. Ever since that it seems that i have problems with most meds. I keep a daily journal of everything going on daily. Long story short, the headaches were be hind the eyes. My MS doc and eye doc couldn't figure it out. I tryed stopping one medical at a time and found it was a over the count Multivitamin which i started because i thought it would help with my weakness. After stopping it 2 t0 3 days my headache was getting better after over a week it was gone completely. The two doctors couldn't beleave me, but it was gone. They figured it could be the filler in the vitamin.

Hope this helps someone
    Chris
    Peace And Love

Comment

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you get some answers and some relief. Sometimes they're equally important.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Comment

Working...
      X