Gilenya dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya dosage

At my Neuro's suggestion, I am going to take Gilenya every other day. Has anyone ever done this or heard of this? I would really appreciate ant input. Thanks!

I have heard of this before but primarily only where people are having problems on the drug. Typically someone is either getting sick a lot or having some kind of lymphocyte or other white blood cell count issue and the neuro will switch to every other day to try to alleviate the issue.

I've not seen any formal information about whether making this kind of switch retains the efficacy of the drug, etc. However, your neuro is not the only neuro doing this.

Comment

Thanks!! I started taking Gilenya in Feb 2011 and in April felt really good - like unbelievably good. But then in May I felt quite bad - balance, dizziness, nausea, you know. Then this week my vision was affected and I became quite alarmed. Your answer explains why he was looking at my numbers from the blood test. I asked what other patients have experienced who have taken Gilenya every other day and he said I was the "prototype". I know he did the Gilenya study in Chicago but I knew this was tried elsewhere. Hopefully, I'll feel better - and possibly be onto something. I told myself I'd give Gilenya 6 mos so I'm right on target. Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome. I really hope that things get better for you. Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
        X