Because the price of the Gilenya is still shocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the price of the Gilenya is still shocking

Because the price of the Gilenya is still shocking [Gilenya (fingolimod) price $ 4,000 / month - 48 000 $ / year, apparently recently dropped by about 30%] I found interesting info from Polish MS forum, it is difficult to assess how valuable:

Cordyceps: breeding fungus from the Himalayas.

Originally posted by marcinl0 View Post
    Because the price of the Gilenya is still shocking [Gilenya (fingolimod) price $ 4,000 / month - 48 000 $ / year, apparently recently dropped by about 30%] I found interesting info from Polish MS forum, it is difficult to assess how valuable:

Cordyceps: breeding fungus from the Himalayas.
    Isaria sinclairii is the caterpillar fungus of which Gilenya is a synthetic version. The drug company tweaked its formulation to make it (supposedly) more effective and less toxic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaria_sinclairii

Corcyceps sinensis is available in pill and extract form OTC. It's a close relative of Isaria sinclairii. Whether it's equally effective against MS, or indeed effective at all, is unknown. It is, however, virtually without side effects and has been used for centuries, as well as extensively studied, in China.

I take Cordyceps sinensis myself for a variety of reasons, including its possible benefits for MS. The best supplier I know of is Aloha Medicinals; Fungi Perfecti is another good source.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
      I take Cordyceps sinensis myself for a variety of reasons, including its possible benefits for MS. The best supplier I know of is Aloha Medicinals; Fungi Perfecti is another good source.
      Hi Sequoia:

Does it help you? Have you experienced any beneficial benefits for your MS?

Thanks!
      First episode with third pregnancy
      On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
      Proud mommy of three children

Comment

Originally posted by sexygatubela View Post
        Hi Sequoia:

Does it help you? Have you experienced any beneficial benefits for your MS?

Thanks!
        None that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean it isn't helping to slow my progression. Who knows whether I'd be in worse shape without it?

Because it has so many proven benefits, it's in my best interest to keep taking it.

Comment

Working...
        X