Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copaxone "disease modifying medication" ? You bet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone "disease modifying medication" ? You bet!

This is my experience with this drug.
    Took the 20mg ED injections for 1 yr 3 months.

Pre-Copaxone MRI showed nothing new from the initial diagnosis MRI (about a year and half before this pre-Copaxone MRI.)
    No relapses, maybe 2 latent days during that time.

Due to much Neuro convincing me to take a drug to "prolong the quality of my life" and a "worried" spouse...I decided to look into medications and give it a shot...although I have a feeling this is how I wound up with MS to begin with.

In comes Copaxone!
    The drug that has the least sides.
    The drug that is the "safest."

Forget about the site injection welts and and the itching/burning occasionally.
    Forget about the occasional shortness of breath that some complain of.

Everyday I just did not feel right.
    I complained a lot.
    I was new to this MS thing. Are these MS symptoms? Afterall, I went about 6 years with MS symptoms before diagnosed. I would call these minor relapses.
    Once per month.
    I spoke to the Doctor who convinced me to hang in the and give it a chance.."let the medicine build up and work."

Around 15 months pass and I do my MRI. I get a call about 7 days later telling me that the Copaxone is not working. Upon inquiring about more information, "I'm not going to sugar-coat it, it doesn't look good. I think we need to get you off of the Copaxone and talk about our backup plan (Tecfidera)
    So I do a "detox"
    Start the Tecfidera.
    About 3 months in...major relapse..thanksgiving day sitting on an IV drip.
    Hang in there until Jan 15th major relapse...5 days of IV drip didn't do the job like before. Finished with that and started Medrol packs. Yes, Plural..
    Go in person to followup with neuro.
    Come to find out that that phone call about "not sugar-coating it" was a nice way to say that you're twice as bad as you were prior to starting Copaxone.
    If fact areas of your brain that were attacked are not leaving scars "sclerosis" but rather black holes.
    So in other words....dead matter.
    So my brain is being killed off slowly but surely.
    Wait for the Tecifidera post..............
Working...
X