Copaxone and Weight Gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and Weight Gain

I've read how Copaxone may be the culprit for weight gain.

Has anyone spoke with their neurologist and what do they suggest, because I put on so much weight and after I see my nutritionist I plan on speaking with my neurologist and possibly trying something else or discontinuing Copaxone.
    Peace and Blessings
    ​Loveall

Originally posted by Loveall View Post
    I've read how Copaxone may be the culprit for weight gain.

Has anyone spoke with their neurologist and what do they suggest, because I put on so much weight and after I see my nutritionist I plan on speaking with my neurologist and possibly trying something else or discontinuing Copaxone.
    Look at the positive side, the more fat you have, the bigger your injections sites are. Really. I have gained about 40 lbs in the 15 years on Copax, but I think it has more to do with my love of Oreos, and creme broulet than Copaxone.
    Jim S.

Comment

Copaxone and weight gain

I'm thinking of switching from Avonex to Copaxone and have heard a little about weight gain. That could be a decision breaker! I'm overweight now - and can't gain more! I have mobility and balance problems, so lack of exercise is a big contributing factor. I've been on Avonex for 15 years, but now have problems with side effect - thus looking into Copaxone. Is weight gain really an issue with Copaxone?

Comment

Originally posted by msw2222 View Post
        Is weight gain really an issue with Copaxone?
        It might be an issue for some (not sure if it's on the list of 'official' side effects), but it's no issue at all for me (and many others here). You'll never know if it's an issue for you unless you try it...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Nope. i gain weight when I'm on steroids. But, I've been on Copaxone since 2008, and it never made me gain weight. in fact, I successfully lost 60 pounds in 2010 - 2011. (Not because of the Copaxone, but, it didn't stop me from losing, when i tried.)
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X