Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any increased side effects with a switch from 20mg Copaxone to 40mg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any increased side effects with a switch from 20mg Copaxone to 40mg?

I read this on another thread. Thanks for sharing, Kathryn.

Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? I'll be making the switch this month.

~ Faith

Originally posted by kathryn View Post
    Have switched for 7 weeks and think this dose is too much for me. Have lost my appetite and weight. Also feel dazed and depressed allot. Going back to my 20 mg every other day. On copaxone for 14 years and never problems like this. Let my neuro talk me into trying Tecfidera and that was an awful experience though didn't have any of the gastro or flushing side effects. Just so want to be where I was a year ago
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Bump.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So sorry to hear about Faith

I hate to hear that anyone has a reaction like that to 3 injections vs 7 injections. I was on and off of the 7 day injections due to having very little body fat, which resulted in a lot of bruising to the point I ran out of sites

3 shots per week has enabled me to CONSISTENTLY remain on treatment since March. I don't think that I've missed a single dose

An important benefit is my emotional state has improved immensely b/c I feel PROACTIVE.

Common knowledge amongste those who are familiar with ms: no 2 cases are alike; nor or sxs/drugs that work predictable. I believe that if 7 shots work better than 3 for anyone- absolutely, that's the tx to utilize

BE WELL. Shalom,Suzanne
      You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

increased side effects, check!

I've been on the new 40mg Copaxone for about 6 weeks now, and I think I'm in the middle of an episode. I haven't had one since I started the 20mg early last year. Arm is back to going numb again in the evening time, and for the past few days I keep getting dizzy spells and blurred vision. (I only used to get numbness). Anxiety is a little worse, but I think it's getting worse because of these other issues. Waiting on a call back from my doctor. I think I might go back to taking the 20 mg. Bummer, I was really enjoying the whole M/W/F schedule.

Comment

OK. Variety of experiences. Still wanting to appeal insurance decision not to cover Copaxone 40, so I may not even get to try it. Any experience with appeal?
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

40mg negative reaction

I have been on 20mg for about 8 years and just switched to 40mg 3 months ago.
            I have been getting side effects or symptoms, whatever they are. I used to have very subtle numbness in one instep/ankle. Since starting the 40mg I have more of this feeling, the numbness is now also in my other foot and I feel numbness and tightening (hug feeling?) in my calves. Especially at night I am constantly moving my legs while trying to get to sleep because I reflexively check them for feeling. So...I have acall in to my neurologist to see about switching back to 20mg. It wasn't broke so why fix it?

Comment

Working...
            X