bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumps

Why exactly do the bumps form after an injection? I'm using the autoinject. Am I doing it wrong? Not going into skin enough or too much? Is it effective or am I wasting my time? tia
    April

A bump is likely the result of not injecting deep enough.

Comment

I'm a manual injector but no stranger to "the bump". The most helpful advice, I read here, is to push down on the bump with your finger for approx 30 seconds, then ice, then Benadryl cream. It will literally go away.

I just gotta say that I'm 5'8", 125 lb so not a whole lot of fat. This step has prevented any permanent lumps under the skin. I've been on Copaxone for 7 years.

Good luck with this, I hope you find a good method.

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Bumps

Hi April. I'm new to Copaxone too so take this for what it's worth-I figure that if you are using the Autoject settings suggested by your SS nurse they should be correct. The suggestion by CatMom would make sense because the point of the injection (no pun intended!!!) is to get the med under the skin into fat tissue, yOuand pushing down on the site would get it there! Since I still don't get how the med works anyway I'm just doing what I was taught!!! Good luck! This forum is a great place for answers.

Comment

Me too!

I've only given my self 5 injections of (Rebif) and last night was the first night a problem. I am also using an auto ject. Half the medication didn't go in. I know she said to do it at 90 degree angle and I developed a red lump. I called my nurse but hasn't gotten back to me. I was worried about not getting the full dose in. Very much a newbie LOL!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I forgot about the 90 degree angle. I remember the nurse told me that and pressing down after injection...will do.
            April

Comment

Working...
            X