Using Autoject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Autoject

Some time ago (probably about 2 yrs ago), I switched from the autoject to manual injection. When I received my first new Copaxone delivery a few months ago I also received a new autoject. Two days ago when I was about to do my dreaded injection, I thought I'd try the autoject again. I'd been dreading my injections as they simply hurt to do. I've been doing this for a long time so it's not something new, but it's getting more difficult to find any spot that is not painful and that bleeds.

I was happily surprised to find the autoject injection went so smoothly and no pain. I set it for 6 which was the way I used it prior to doing the manual injection and it was a delightful surprise.

I'd been ready to give up, but while this works I'm going to continue the autoject. I'd tried all the hints...heat, cold, massaging.....you name it. Didn't help.

Sometimes you have to begin at the beginning.

Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

I prefer autoject as well. Injections are quick, easy and painless.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have been using Copaxone for almost 1 1/2 years and have been using the AutoJet successfully the entire time. It is important to get the injection depth just right for each injection site. I use depths from 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 depending on the area. Too deep and you cause yourself pain by injecting into the muscle. Too shallow and you get bumps. It took me months of trial and error to get it just right for each location.

I also heat the area for 5 minutes and ice after the shot for 5 minutes.

Glad it is working out for you!

Comment

Autoject Settings

There is an excellent video on the Shared Solutions website on how to judge Autoject settings. Also one of nurses are SS can help you. I am new to Copaxone and my home nurse determined my settings for me.

Comment

Working...
        X