How long to be approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to be approved?

Hi all! I was just diagnosed on May 28. 2014 and my doctor and I agreed that starting copaxone is a good idea. Her nurse started paperwork for a prescription on the same day.

I received a call from shared solutions at the end of last week that they had my enrollment information and that they needed to do a 'test' through my insurance to see if I will have a copay and how much. I also received a call from a woman who said she is my shared solutions nurse. She told me to call her as soon as I get my prescription, so she can come train me.

How long does it usually take for this to get finalized? I never thought I'd be anxious to start injecting myself, but I want to start this as soon as possible. I received the 'autoject' apparatus a few days ago, but no meds yet.

Did you contact your specialty pharmacy? I received my copaxone before I got everything from shared solutions. Or you could check with your health insurance if approvals went through.

I found it was easier for me to self inject rather than use the auto injector. I'm a nurse and used to giving shots but found the auto injector took a lot longer ( in seconds) to inject the medication. Try both ways and see what works for you

Shared solutions is very helpful. I wish you well with copaxone. Hope it helps keep things quiet.

Comment

total time

I was diagnosed on March 28th and by the time my insurance was approved and everything delivered and nurse came to my house to train me it was May 5th. I believe I received the copaxone the week prior, so all in all about a total of 5 to 6 weeks
      April

Comment

Good grief! 6 weeks! LOL!

Well, the Dr figures I've had this for over 20 years and I am finally getting diagnosed, I guess waiting another 6 weeks won't hurt.

Comment

My neuro filled out forms back in

June for me to switch to 40mg 3X a week. Have yet to get it. Does this go through Shared Solutions as well?

Comment

I called Shared Solutions yesterday, the nurse who talked to me said she would call my doctor and then call their insurance person and see if she couldn't expedite things for me and cut my wait time down since I didn't need injection training or any hands on training. She id hopeful I will have it in hand by the end of next week. We will see.

Comment

Working...
            X