I'm doing a lot of complaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing a lot of complaining

I'm sorry for all the whining I'm doing! I gave myself an injection in my right thigh tonight. Now I have a bump! I have bumps all over.. my left thigh from last Friday night (still there!!! isn't that a long time??), now my right thigh, my left arm, everywhere I inject I get a bump that is very visible and seems to last. It's summer and I'm wearing clothing that doesn't hide these bumps. It's only a matter of time befoe someone asks me what they're from...aside from the fact that I'm not happy with all these bumps all over (((
    Could I possible be doing it wrong?
    April

I would try first to reach someone at shared solutions. Shared Solutions (Copaxone) http://www.sharedsolutions.com 1-800-877-8100
    You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

April, it is okay to whine about the shots. Yes, from the outside we think it should be easy to do, but it is not. My guess is that you are doing everything correctly and that is just how your body reacts. Mine was the same way! I can remember in the beginning especially, walking around with a "rock" in my leg that hurt like heck for several days. I think some of us react more than others.

The lumps and welts exhausted my energy to keep injecting, which is why I changed a couple months ago to the 3day/week vs the daily shot. I just couldn't do it every day anymore and I didn't want to take the risk of going off the med.

MS is hard! The symptoms, the medications, the cost, the number of doctors, the pain....we all get it here. It is truly the safe place to whine. Now pass the cheese please.... (Get it???).

Comment

Now pass the cheese please.... (Get it???).
        LOL..Yes, I get it! Thanks for the advice. I will call shared solutions and see what they say about that. Thanks hunterd and mygirlsmom!
        April

Comment

A bump can be a sign of not injecting deep enough. You may need to experiment a bit until you get the depth correct. If that does not resolve your issue, you should talk to your doctor.

Comment

Try this: press firmly on the injection site (but don't rub) for half a minute or so after the shot.

I don't know about the other injectables, but that's a Copaxone tip I've been seeing since before my dx, and it does help.
            1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
            NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
              Try this: press firmly on the injection site (but don't rub) for half a minute or so after the shot.
              I'll vouch for this! It really works. I'm 125 lb, 5'8" so not a lot of fat.. I've been on Copaxone for almost 7 years and I swear this little trick is responsible for zero permanent lumps and there isn't a site I can't inject into. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I had the same problem with copaxone. I am an RN and very familiar with how to give injections properly and also took all the advice from shared solutions but nothing helped. The welts on my arms and legs were the worst and lasted for months and quickly ran out of sites to inject. After six months I had to switch meds which I didn't want to do since that was my only side effect. Two years later I still have indentations in my thighs from old sites. Now on extavia with only a couple of injection site reactions and only in my legs but instead dealing with the flu symptoms and had first bout with pneumonia and shingles since starting it.

Comment

Working...
                X