Copaxone causing fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone causing fever?

I started copaxone 40 last week. After 4 th dose I felt like I had the flu. Thermometer confirmed 100.8. Lasted about 12 hrs total. No other symptoms. No fever today ( not an injection day). Just tired. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it last? Not looking forward to tomorrow's shot !

copaxone 40mg Reaction*

Yes--started copaxone 40mg last week (never took MS meds before) and with my 4th injection experienced fever of 100.6, shivering & chills, severe headache, and passed out. Tried again next injection and same thing happened but to lesser degree. Was told my body is adapting...will try again for next injection. How are you doing?

Comment

Wow...that is strange! Did either of you call Shared Solutions? How are you doing now? So sorry to hear that reaction!!

Comment

Hi thanks for replies. Fever only twice in week 2. So far so good since. I did call Shared solutions, they said its a rare side effect. I think it was my body adjusting to med. fingers crossed. How bout you?

Comment

Fever Reaction---seems to be getting better

So far, fever of 102, chills, fainting, have not reoccurred after second week. Was told to keep at it as things should get better and so far they have...am in third week. Rare reaction--I think 2% may have it---just our luck.

Comment

2 percent? I am going to go play lotto! You should too!. Week four, I have had a recurrence. The only thing I noticed was when I take a dose, the old shot sites itch after a couple of hours, like they are re activated. I seem to have 3 to 4 itchy spots at all times. I'll take that over fevers any time !

Comment

Working...
            X