Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just switched to Copaxone

Hi there!!!

I had been on Rebif for about 5 years. I suffer with extreme pain. I have been on lots of different pain killers...none of which have ever worked well. I have even switched to a gluen free diet hoping that would help with pain!

This last visit to the neuro, he has decided to switch me to Copaxone. I have had 2 injections (given both ways) so far and have noticed a few things. The needle is sooo long and a little hard for me to inject manually. Immediately after injecting, the tip of my toungue feels weird, and I notice a strange taste. The injection site swells w/ a hard knot and turns red. Next I get a headache, stomach ache, and limp well into the next day.

When I first started Rebif, I always took benadryl and tylenol an hour before. So I may start that again instead of waiting till after.

Why are you not supposed to rub in the medication? I would think rubbing it in, would help prevent skin problems. Thought I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to take a hot shower after injecting, but the speciality pharm RN hadn't heard that one. LOL!

So, is this normal?

Thanks for listening!!!

I am 45yo. Mom of 3 boys. I have MS, Fibro, Osteopenia, Degenerative Disc, IBS, (too name a few). Currently taking: Copaxone, Gabapentin, Pristiq, Nexium, Lipitor, Meloxicam, Baclophen, tramadol, etc.
Working...
X