No announcement yet.

Copaxone @ the US Supreme Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every company offers co-pay assistance program and many offer "free" medications for those that qualify. I hope every patient can find one company that will offer them a medication they can afford. Copaxone will be the first generic, but generic interferon is not too far away.

Comment

Unfortunately

not every drug is good for every patient. If a company offers the medication free, it doesn't necessarily mean that medication is good for that patient. There are several reasons why one or another medication is not the medication one can use.

Comment

Without a doubt. Five years ago we basically had Copaxone, Interferon and Tysabri. Each of the three orals is completely different so they are distinct options. The use of Rituximab seems to be growing so that is roughly 7 medication treatment options versus the prior 3.

Copaxone-40 is still Copaxone trying to save marketshare.
        Plegridy should be coming this summerish.
        Lemtrada needs to submit a better application or they will be denied again.

My hope is that people who gave up on medications 5 years ago would be willing to try one of the newer medications. I failed on a number of drugs before my current medication. My earlier medication was literally putting me in the hospital so I know how bad they can be. Now, I am thrilled about my drug and can only hope it stomps a mudhole into the MS progression.

Comment

Working...
        X