Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation pattern for 3x a week

Hi,

I've been on 20mg Copaxone for six years and have my daily rotation set in my mind. Thank goodness, that programming works

All I need to know is what day of the week it is (that's the challenge) then I know where to inject.
    i.e. Sundays = Stomach, Monday = R Thigh, etc.

I'll be starting the new 40mg this week and I haven't yet figured out my strategy for rotations. I am trying to stay away from extra steps, writing it down, app, etc.

I know they will help at first, like it did initially. But I want to retrain my thinking so I'll remember automatically again.

Does anyone have a good strategy they are or plan to use for the 3x a week rotation?

Thank you!!
    There is always a rainbow!

I kept exactly the same injection cycle: top to bottom, right to left, just stretched out over weeks.

How it works out is the first week, I did right arm on Monday, left arm on Wednesday , then (skipping stomach because I hate injecting there) right hip on Friday. The second week, it was left hip on Monday, right thigh on Wednesday , then left thigh on Friday. The third week, the cycle starts over again. This also keeps the stomach free, if for some reason, I can't inject in a usual area. Of course, you still rotate within each area. I keep with the same top to bottom, right to left system for that, too.

I used the app for the first week, but it's not really convenient for the 40 mg scheduling. I just scheduled the injections like appointments in my phone. An alert goes off and the recurring appointment tells me where to inject. Set it up once and forget it. Easy peasy. I imagine the dry erase magnetic chart might work, too, though you'd have to write a tiny bit.

After a month or two, I might not need anything to remember which week I'm on.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply! That helps me. My husband had offered to make one of those spinning well charts too

However, I opted back to my daily dose. My brain was just struggling with yet a new change. My neuro said yesterday, "trim the fat!" Good way to put it for conserving energy . She told me to Definitely stay with what is working, do not add unnecessary stress.

It's nuts that even good stress causes this disease to get so excited. Sorry to ruin the party MS, but you're not on the A-list. Ugh, thank goodness for support.

We are blessed to have options for sure.

Blessings to you and thank you again!
      There is always a rainbow!

Comment

Working...
      X