copaxone reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copaxone reaction

I have been diagnosed with ms last year. I had many choices of didn't drugs to try. I tried copaxone. I always had site reactions but continued. after a few months I had a severe IPIR. It felt like my spine had boiling oil poured into it spreading thru my body. I got HOT and had chest tightness and trouble breathing. I then suffered from a bad viral infection and 2 weeks later I had a massive hair loss. I also had severe burning sensation in my arms and legs that is new that has never gone away after that event.
    I suffer daily. before choosing copaxone my dr had given me many coice for treatments. this happened last sept. at this same point in time I lost my primary doctor, and my neuro wouldnt treat me.

I finally am asked to come in to see him a few days ago. he tells me there is nothingnelse to be done as copaxone didnt work. he pawned me off to my gyn. really.
    I get my records and the last record says maybe ms.... up till this point hes been saying it is ms. he ignores my pain and symptoms at this point. when my primary dropped me without a plan or notice I looked to my neuro for help with my ms symptoms.... not a bit of help, only the office manager his wife telling me I would get out the phone book and have a new primary or else... I guess the or else was not being able to get any treatment. my ms symptoms are bad, and I have newer ones. at my appt I tried to tell him about , he had already made up his mind there was nothing more to do. my new primary said my ms was bad go see your neuro before this last visit....
    besides another opinion which I am working on.... not many doctors in my area.... what am I gonna do next. copaxone for me was very bad and I never recovered form some of the side effects.... dr didnt care... things in this office got bad...

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. You need to get your doctor situation corrected as soon as possible.

As far as medications, there any many choices other than Copaxone. Check into them yourself and ask your new doctor to as well.

Some of your symptoms may be more related to your MS and not necessarily to the Copaxone. For example, I had burning in one of my arms which disappeared immediately after starting Copaxone. I don't believe hair loss is something that Copaxone would do to you, - you may want to ask your doctor about that one.

In any case, get a new doctor as soon as possible and find out your options - you do have many. If you cannot find a good doctor in your area, you may have to travel a bit. It will be worth it though.

Keep in mind that there are numerous things you can do for yourself to feel better that do not require a doctor or medicine. Changes to diet, exercise and lifestyle for example can all work together to help you feel better. Consider getting/reading some books and doing some internet research.

Change can be slow in coming (everyone is different), so be patient, but know that you will feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
    X