Copaxone New Lesions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone New Lesions

I have been on copaxane for a little over a year, had my new Mir done and have more lesions again. I don't know what to do, if this medication keeps away lesions how many has it prevented. Is this medication working or not working how do you tell? if you get more lesions should someone change the medication and try some other medication? Any suggestion's would be great. OR if you have gone through the same predictiment would love to hear from you.

When I was on Copaxone and started collecting new lesions, they took me off of it right away and started me on a new one. If you are still getting new lesions, although none are 100% effective, especially Copaxone, which has about a 30% efficacy for preventing new lesions, you may want to change to one of the pills which will give you at least a 50% efficacy for preventing new lesions and preventing new relapses. Tysabri is an 80% efficacy in preventing both. So you may want to rethink your DMT.

Good luck in your journey. Talk with your neurologist about what to do from here. It is your choice in the end.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I was on Copaxone for 6 months when my MRI showed that I had a new lesion.

My understanding of how MS meds work is that they slow the course of the disease by reducing the severity and frequency of attacks. That means that new lesions are possible(and for many they are probable) but they just want to slow the course.

After we saw the new lesion my nuero emphasized that he was more concerned about attacks then lesions but we decided that I should stay on it for another year to see if there was any change. Good luck!!

Comment

regarding new lesions

Hi thought that I would ask you if the outcome of you staying on copaxane?What did your neuro say if you had more lesions after being on copaxane for another year? thanks so much

Comment

Working...
        X