Any type-1 Diabetics on Copaxone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any type-1 Diabetics on Copaxone?

IF so, do you find your diabetes easier to manage after starting Copaxon?

Gomer Sir Falls-alot.

Was on Copaxone for 6 months. I'm sorry to say that it seemed make control of T1 horrible. In three months my
    A1C wnet from 7.6 to 8.4. Plus, the side effects for me were horrible. I was getting chest pressure and rapid heart rate 12 hours away from injection time - not supposed to happen. In addition to that (which sent me to the ER - EKG and blood were normal, only thing they could do was an angiogram - good news; no blockages! - bad news: what the ---!) I was having problems with my injection sites - insulin insn't supposed to squirt out when you withdraw the needle.

I took a 10 day break from the Copaxone, all of the above (especially the heart stuff) disappeared. I was advised to try again to see if heart symptoms occur. They did, again, 12 or so hours away from inection time. I felt awful the whole next day. So for me, no more Copaxone.
    This seems to be a very rare reaction. I just don't seem to tolerate it.

I'm at present exploring the others. I'm leaning toward Tecfidera. 4-5 insulin injections per day is enough! (I know - PUMP!)

Comment

hi Gomer,
      I was on Copaxone for about three years ( type I diabetic for 41 years) and I never noticed a difference either way.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X