New to Copax, not to injectibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Copax, not to injectibles

Hiiiiii! I'm stever. I was on Rebif for the better part of a decade, went off it to have babies and was recently prescribed Copaxone and P/T.

The Autoject thingy scares the crap out of me so I've been injecting manually. I'm on day 4 and have only so done my thighs and one side of my belly so we'll see how doing my arms manually works.
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Welcome to Copaxone land!

Maybe you're a lot more flexible than I am (almost everybody is!), but I've never even tried to do my arms or hips manually and that's where I use the autoject. The spring does make a lot of noise, but I tend to feel the needle entering less than when injecting manually.

I still do my stomach & thighs manually, though, partly just to stay in practice...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

First of all, a million apologies for my atrocious spelling. 'InjectIbles.' Shameful.

Anyway, I actually managed to inject my left arm manually. But I'm right handed so may need DH's help doing my right arm.

I'll give it a go, though
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Manual all the way!

I've only been on copaxone for about a month but I've done manual the whole time. Arms are the trickiest but the pillow underneath to push all the fat out works! The autoject seems like more trouble that it's worth with the depth adjuster and all the steps. I'd rather just do it myself and get it over with!

Comment

Working...
        X