Copaxone lumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone lumps

Have any of you (Copaxone users) had one of the injection site lumps last for a month or more? I can feel a little lump in my thigh where I know I shot a long time ago ( I quit for awhile) and it hurts. I'm pretty sure this is a shot lump and not something else. It always makes me think about blood clots. Never had one... hope to never have one.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

You can get blood lumps under the skin but Copaxone lumps aren't usually blood lumps. Blood lumps under the skin aren't really blood clots at least not the dangerous kind. Dangerous blood clots happen inside of blood vessels. Copaxone injections under the skin can't go deep enough to hit those big blood vessels and cause blood clots there. Copaxone lumps are fat lumps under the skin. But still pretty uncomfortable and ew! Those lumps and injection reactions were one of the reasons I gave up Copaxone.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
      You can get blood lumps under the skin but Copaxone lumps aren't usually blood lumps. Blood lumps under the skin aren't really blood clots at least not the dangerous kind. Dangerous blood clots happen inside of blood vessels. Copaxone injections under the skin can't go deep enough to hit those big blood vessels and cause blood clots there. Copaxone lumps are fat lumps under the skin. But still pretty uncomfortable and ew! Those lumps and injection reactions were one of the reasons I gave up Copaxone.

I've started and stopped Copaxone many times. My neuro wasn't too happy this last time. Can these lumps last for so long and keep hurting weeks later??
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I took copaxone for many years, but stopped around 5 years ago due to an allergic reaction.

I have hard lumps in both triceps to this day. I am injecting betaseron but cannot inject into my triceps due to those lumps. Luckily, the lumps do not hurt.

Comment

I have had them last about three weeks or so. If you accidentally injected close to a small old lump than it may have aggravated it again. My thighs are the worst for the lumps. I actually press/rub before injecting to make sure there isn't a lump left in that location.

Comment

In the 5+ years I've been on COpaxone, the best way to prevent those lumps from being there is to push down firmly on the lump that forms as soon as the needle comes out for approx 30 seconds, then ice, then Benadryl cream.

I also manually inject as I don't have a lot of fat. Hope this helps you a bit.

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I have been off Copaxone for several years and I still have one lump on my hip that won't go away. I doesn't hurt and since I am not skinny, you can't see it, but it is definitely there.

I had other red painful lumps at injection sites but all of those eventually went away.

Comment

Working...
              X