Hives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hives?

I'm calling them hives but I'm not sure that is what they are. I've been on C for about a month. I had the "normal" site reactions but the all of a sudden I broke out in a rash on my chest and then got a rather large welt on right side of my neck. The inching only lasted for the first couple days but then they got painful and have lasted now for a week. I have an appointment with my neruo on this week and I have been told to stop taking the C by my Neruo's office.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes! I've only took 5 injections, had the usual site pain but then after the 5th one I noticed my right arm and chest starting itching fiercely! Then saw that my skin was bright red (probably from all the scratching). Called Shared Solutions then called my neuro who also said to stop and to then call him back after it completely cleared up.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was just really weird.

Has anyone else had this?
    Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Comment

Shingles!!!!!!

Just an update. I went to my Neuro this week and he took one look at the "rash" on my chest smiled and said "That's Shingles".

Never crossed my mind that it could be shingles. But on that note. I'll be able to continue taking Copaxone after the shingles clear up.

Comment

Aww, I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Oh, Shingles, I hear that is horrible. A friend of mine has that recently and so did my mother. Thankfully mine is not shingles. I hope you feel better soon.
          Be Well,

Comment

My case of shingles was a "mild" case. Some swelling and small blisters not too itchy but on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 4.5 on the pain scale. All seems to be clearing up now and I have started to resume my copaxone injections at normal dosage.

Thank you for the well wishing

Comment

I got shingles also. i had them real bad and itch like crazy. I went to urgent care. The Dr. yelled at me! He said if that ever happens again, Don't come here! He said go to nearest ER! My throat was swelling up. he took care of it ordered some pills and it cleared up over the night.

Comment

Wow! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I was saying the other day "I don't what everyone is saying. Shingles are not that bad." But after reading your story and looking a little online I guess I just got lucky. Now hopefully they won't come back.

Comment

Yep, both my mom and my friend had horrible pain with theirs. And the residual nerve pain seems to last forever. Thankfully, mine is just an itchy rash, oatmeal bath soak helps for that. I hope you feel better soon.
                  Be Well,

Comment

Working...
                  X