Blue Cross blue shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Cross blue shield

Does anyone know if they cover Copaxone?

I have a blue cross plan but it is through Medicare D and it is covered in this one

Comment

sherp

mu blue cross covers rebif it isnewer than co[axone

Comment

My policy

with BCBS covers copaxone. Unfortunately, the ploicy I have has a 50% copay for prescription drugs.
        I'm not sure if one BCBS plan covers a certain drug, if all the plans cover it. I hope for your sake, that if one plan doesm they all do.
        What does your policy do with prescription drugs? Also, I am not that familiar with how it works but there are various tiers of drugs that have different considerations.

Comment

I have BCBS and am very happy with my coverage. My policy pays for my drugs after the first $1000 every year, and I have a $30 copay. But... I just called Shared Solutions and they're paying the first $1000. My payment is now $35/month.

The other thing I really like about BCBS is that they set me up with a special agency that has a nurse I can call any time I have concerns about my MS. More often than not, I just have these nice ladies reassuring me that they know lots and lots of people with MS are living full lives, and I can too.

They'll also advocate for me if I have issues with doctors or drug companies.

For example, one time I had pneumonia and couldn't get into see my doctor for a couple weeks. They told me in the future to call them and they will make sure I get in to see my doctor in a timely fashion. So, that's nice to have too.

Good luck!

Comment

Wow Mable

the contract you have with BCBS sounds great! Is it an employer plan? What state do you live in?

Comment

Hi Its2Much,

I am self-employed, so pay for my own health insurance entirely. I'm so lucky I kept that up before I was diagnosed! I use Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota.

Comment

Working...
              X