Joint pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint pain?

I've been on Copaxone for 4 years. When I started my neuro said it would dry me out and I've noticed my skin is drier than previously. I'm wondering if my knee (and occasional other joint) problems are the result of this also. I did 6 weeks of physical therapy about a year ago with a little help. I still do the exercises.

Anyone else with joint pain?

No joint pain but then again I haven't heard or noted being drier either.

How old are you?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

i have noticed that i am more thirsty than normal and in the beginning i felt like i was peeing non-stop. then i looked up mannitol, the inactive ingredient in copaxone and guess what? its a diuretic. i haven't noticed more joint pain that normal though.
      dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

I have joint pain..ankles.. my ankles are the worse..I get stiff very quickly but not sure if its the copaxone.. I have taken a break for about two weeks and I still have horrible ankle pain and stiffness. No swelling though
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

It has been about a month for me on Copaxone and I noticed more knee pain than I had before all of this.

I would say 3 out of 5 days I have knee pain when before Copaxone maybe 1 day a week, so I am considering it a side effect for me.

I am lucky that I had my first episode in Sept, diagnosed within five days and Copaxone within 45 days of diagnosis.

I feel almost the same as before getting sick or knowing I had MS except for this additional joint pain.

I am hoping it will fade as my body adjusts to the medication.

Might not help you much but it is verification since I have a small amount of symptoms and I am only on one medication.

~nagem

Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones that mind don't matter.

Comment

That's interesting about the mannitol being a diuretic. I've recently begun trying to drink more water and I'm not sure any of it's getting to the cellular level because it seems to be going out as fast as it's coming in! However, I am getting to know where all the public restrooms are. Sheesh.

Comment

i think its a diuretic that is able to cross the blood-brain barrier or loosen the tight junctions for a short time which is what allows copaxone to travel into the CNS. at least, thats what i think i remember reading about it.
              dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Ugh, I can hear my knees grinding when I climb or descend the stairs.

Before diagnosis I was stiff and sore all the time anyway, so I am unsure if my pain is from MS or the shots.
                Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I have been making a concerted effort to increase my level of hydration and it has made a difference in my knees. Unbelievably, within an hour or two of drinking more water (and Gatorade) my knees hurt much less. File it under "For What It's Worth" I guess but it's easy and cheap to try.

Comment

Welchkin, thank you for this reminder. I NEVER drink enough water.
                    Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Thirsty all the time

It's good to hear I'm not going crazy. I started to feel extreme thirst and dryness in my mouth about 9 months into using Copaxone. I asked my neuro about it and he said he didn't think it was related. It's been over two years now and I'm still so thirsty and dry. Thank you for posting.
                      RRMS since 2008
                      Copaxone 2010
                      Tysabri Oct. 2013

Comment

Working...
                      X