Copaxone - Severe upper back/mid-back hip pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone - Severe upper back/mid-back hip pain

I am just newly diagnosed as of two months with MS. I began the Copaxone daily injections about 1.5 months ago. About 11 days ago I started having severe pain in my upper back, which has no progressed all the way to my hips.
    I spoke with a shared solutions nurse who had no input whatsoever. I then decided perhaps I had the flu. However, I have no other symptoms other than intense, excruciating pain. Sleeping is horrible and attempting to move/get out of bed is horrible.
    I am wondering if anyone else has had this occur when on Copaxone, or if there is something else wrong with me. I am still in the denial stage of my diagnosis, and I just can't believe all of this is happening. I am 53, female and also living with a diagnosis of Crohn's for the past 6 years.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Naomi

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and new pain.

I suppose it's possible, but I've never heard of Copaxone causing back pain. I would be inclined to look for other causes, and would start with a back doctor.

I have both MS and lower back issues (mainly damaged discs), and I have found my physiatrist to be the most help in figuring out what's what...

By the way: Did your dx process include spinal MRIs? If so, what do the reports say?
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I thought this morning, when I read your post. Could it be spasms? I'm on Copaxone and I have the back spasms, that Baclofen helps with.

Sara

Comment

Hi Naomi,

Sorry about your diagnosis. I've had MS since 2005, so I've been through a lot and yes, denial is part of the process of accepting. I've felt ever pain you can think of, but I think the pain could be more related to Crohn's, it will depend on how severe it is. I've been using Copaxone for 6 years, lower back pain has never been an issue unless you are not doing any kind of exercise and then of course everything hurts. Check with your doctor about Crohn's, it might be more related to that than the MS. Hope to here from you soon. "The world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." Hellen Keller
        Wanda

Comment

Hip Pain

I'm sorry to hear that your having this pain. I too recently started Copaxone and noticed that everytime I would inject in my thigh or stomach that I would have pain that radiated from my lower back to my hip. Sometimes much worse than others. I have cried the pain has been so bad and I have NO other problems that could cause this pain. It doesnt happen when I inject in my arms though.

Comment

Back pain also

I've had continuous back pain since I started copaxone almost a year ago. Some time it's pretty severe. I've been told by some drs that back pain is not a side affect of copaxone, and then I read on here that it is a possible side effect. While it is bad some times, it's working better than the Rebif I was on! I'll have to pay attention to see if my hip and thigh injections make it worse. At first I was afraid the drug was messing up my kidney's; but I guess not.

Keep up the good fight, I'll keep you in my prayers
            Dx'd 08/2010 RRMS
            Rebif, Copaxone, Gilenya, Tecfidera
            "Fall down 7 times, get up 8"

Comment

Working...
            X