self injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self injectors

I have used a self injector forever. I want to try injecting without it to see if it is any better. Any ideas? How deep do I stick the needle?

Hi sbob! There are probably many people who will correct the information I am giving you, but this is simply what has worked for me since 2004. I didn't use the autoject for many times as I found that the force was too much and hurt more than the needle itself. I felt like I was getting punched. So, what I began doing almost immediately was to very gently and slowly push the needle in manually which works very smoothly and much less painfully. I take it all the way to the cap and push the plunger slowly. I hope you find what works the best for you! I believe that is the main thing with any therapy like this. I'm glad there are instructions and diagrams to get us started, but each of us are in control of finding the best ways to get to the end result. Best wishes and I hope you find what's best for you! Blessings!

Comment

The needle is always stuck all the way in, but the correct angle (and thus the depth) varies depending on how much fat you have in each location. It would probably be best to call Shared Solutions and ask them to send a nurse to (re)train you.
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Hi sbob,

Personally I found that injections go a lot smoother with less site reactions when I go manually...the sides of my thighs are my favorite after these many years. I gave up on my arms a long time ago. So I go with either the thighs or my stomach.

Good luck
        Dx 06/07
        Copaxone

Comment

Working...
        X