Announcement

Collapse

CHANGES AT MSWORLD - MSWORLD'S CLOSURE

We began with a mission and purpose to help others living with MS.

We were excited to get going!

And hit a few bumps along the way…

However, in all seriousness, we remain grateful for our amazing volunteers, members & all who have made MSWorld a valuable resource for all!

July 10, 2024, we celebrated the goodness of these past 28 years. With a heavy heart, we will be ending our services.

We need a financial miracle to keep going forward.

We thank all for your support.

MSWorld's website will close on October 16, 2024.

“I personally want to wish all of you the guidance to find this type of support, as so many do here. Also, my prayers and love extends beyond my understanding. It has been a pleasure to steward this journey.”

God Bless you, Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson
Founding President
❤️

we leave knowing that
we did our best and
stayed true to our mission and purpose.

Please visit our General Questions and Answers forum to read more.
See more
See less

Avonex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex

New to the site. Wonder if anyone using the Avonex pen having in positive results ?

Avonex User

Hello!

I was diagnosed with MS in 2012 and my neurologist started me out on Avonex once-a-week auto-injection pen. I can honestly say that I think it worked great. Recently I was taken off of Avonex and began Gilenya due to one of the lesions on my brain getting a "little" larger. No new lesions had formed, but my doctor thought that it would be good to switch therapies. I have only been on Gilenya now for about 4 weeks. I do not like it and want to go back to Avonex. I always did the injection on Friday nights before bed to sleep through the flu-like symptoms. I pray that Avonex will work well for you.

Comment

New to Avonex

I just started on Avonex 3 weeks ago. So far so good. My first medication was the daily injection- Glatopa (aka Copaxone). That medication made me miserable with itchy and swollen injection sites. After two months I had a IPIR and that scared the heck out of me. I was done after that so my doctor put me on the Avonex pen. I was relieved to have no noticeable side effects. I take an Aleve an hour before injection and do my shot in the evening so if I do have a reaction I sleep through it. So far I've only woken up with a slight headache and that's gone after an hour and some water. I'm very happy with Avonex so far and I no longer dread injection's. Now to see how my next MRI looks in a few moths.

Comment

Working...
      X