Ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

I've been on Avonex for well over a year now, and for the most part, my injections have been pretty hassle free. I do occasionally get some soreness as if I had a bruise at my injection site for a couple days, but no other lasting effects, until now.

I injected on Saturday and I noticed today that my thigh hurts when I walk. It's very painful when I first get up from a sitting position and I can feel it (although not as bad) while I'm walking as well. It's not just my injection site though, it's more like half of my outer thigh. It's almost like someone kicked me at full force and I'm suffering from a bruise that only hurts when I'm moving. If I press on it, it is a little tender to the touch, but the pain is only noticeable when I'm getting up or walking around.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Every once in awhile, I get an injection site that is more sore than others, it is soreness in the injected muscle, and sometimes any use of that muscle hurts.

Don't know what I did this week, have a half dollar sized bruise and it hurt more than usual.

Most of the muscle pain I've had after injection happens two days later......I probably injected through a vein is all. Best of luck to you!

Comment

I switched from copaxone to avonex. Took copaxone for about 4 years. I had too many severe reactions s nd injecting everyday was just too much. I have injection site discoloration and indentations at injection sites.so, once a week i do avenex pen. Have fiu like symptoms after injection. Anyone have a burning sensation in their body? Or more pain then usual? Crampy feet?i have issues with hair follicles getting infected. My doctor doesnt think its the avonex. He thinks its diabetes . had bloodwork done and i am waiting for results. Fatigue is x worse. Relapse, or medication?

Comment

Working...
      X